WHO AND WHAT IS SAAHIP?
SAAHIP is an acronym for the South African Association of Hospital and Institutional Pharmacists. As a sector of the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa (PSSA), SAAHIP has the following as its objectives:
- To promote the professional, educational and economic interests of the members of the Association and of the pharmaceutical profession, with specific emphasis on pharmacists active in the practice of hospital and institutional pharmacy;
- To uphold and improve the professional integrity and standards of professional conduct of the members of the Association;
- To improve, promote and maintain the image of the profession;
- To represent generally the views and interests of the members on all pharmaceutical matters;
including representing the members in dealings with government and similar agencies;
- To uphold and assist in the promotion and maintenance of the health of the people of South Africa through the provision of a satisfactory and dependable pharmaceutical service;
- To provide and promote benefits to its members and to do all such things as may advance the interests of its members; and
- In recognising the diversity of the population of the Republic of South Africa, to promote the representation of all sectors of the South African community in its membership.
For more about SAAHIP visit www.saahip.org.za